Happy 1st Birthday Ryan! His daddy wanted to make it extra special so he arranged for Fox 4 to announce his birthday. Here is a video of it. . .
Last night, I laid in bed thinking about the last 12-months and how special they've been for Bobby and me. I took out my journal - yes, I wrote in a journal almost everyday during my pregnancy and the first few months after Ryan was born.
Here is a journal entry from the first week home with Ryan. . . aw, the memories!
Happy Birthday to Ryan James Weilbacher. He arrived into this world on June 25th weighing in at a whopping 7lbs 7ozs. What a big boy! He has a full set of hair and to me (and everyone else!) he looks just like Bobby -- dark hair, deep blue/grey eyes and beautiful complexion. This last week has been a whirlwind. After Ryan was born, I stayed at the hospital from Thursday, June 25th - Sunday, June 29th. I could have stayed another day per my doctor but after staying a total of 6 long nights in the hospital, I was just about done with it. Plus, my anxiety was through the roof during my entire stay b/c I always had someone coming into my room -- nurse taking my blood pressure, getting blood drawn every morning at 5:30a, a nurse coming in to give me my meds, house cleaning crew, someone dropping off breakfast, lunch and dinner, lactation specialists and someone to test Ryan's hearing. I had so little time to lay in bed peacefully with no interruptions. I delivered Ryan via C-Section at 12:41pm. My blood pressure was at an all time high and the fluid levels surrounding Ryan were getting low. My doctor thought it was necessary to do a C-Section sooner than later. After a few doses of steroids that morning, my blood count thankfully got to a level where they could give me anesthesia through shot in my spine. Its not an epidural but something very similar. It was important to me that I was awake during his birth. They administered the shot in the operating room and it felt like little ants crawling up and down my back. I was nice and numb however they continued to check with me throughout my surgery to make sure I wasn't feeling any pain. Oh but there was tons of pressure!!! After only a few minutes, I heard Ryan's sweet cry- what a wonderful sound! After his birth, I was wheeled into the recovery room where they bathed Ryan right next to my bed. I vaguely remember this part but Bobby was right there videotaping everything for me. After his bath, I was given magnesium to help avoid any seizures. I also had these annoying pumps that wrapped around my legs to avoid any blood clots. What a relief to get those pumps removed. My legs itched like crazy afterwards. Bobby and I were taken to the anti-partum part of the hospital on Thursday night. We thought it would be best if Ryan "roomed in" with us - I didn't get an ounce of sleep that night. Every noise he made I would get up and check on him. Plus, Bobby got sick that evening and had to leave the hospital at 5:15am on Friday. I called mom in tears asking her to come up to the hospital and stay with me until Bobby gets to feeling better. Mom and I started sending Ryan back to the nursery after each feeding so I could get some rest. My patience at this point was running very thin especially once Saturday rolled around. I had the "pleasure" of dealing with the hospital's "weekend staff". Penny, my nurse, was a piece of work. An older woman who constantly forgot my chart. It drove me crazy. Then, there was the nurse that would draw my blood in the wee hours of the morning like a vampire - she stuck me so hard one morning that I almost got out of my bed and punched her. On a happy note, I was excited but a little anxious about finally bringing Ryan home on Sunday. Since being home, we've gone through our up's and down's . I am on my 2nd visit to the lactation specialist - this whole breastfeeding thing is a real science. With the help from Bobby and my mom its getting me through it day by day. Motherhood -- Is the hardest but most rewarding job that I've ever had! I love every second of it!
Happy Birthday Ryan! You have such wonderful parents and I am so glad to be a part of all of your lives! See you tomorrow.
ReplyDelete