Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dallas Arboretum

Ryan and I went to the Dallas Arboretum for "Tiny Tot Tuesday". This was our first time to the Arboretum and we had so much fun. The weather was in our favor that morning with the temperature around the high 60's -- just perfect for strolling the various gardens. Here are pictures and a video of Ryan experiencing his first petting zoo - goats, sheep, bunnies.



Here he is getting used to the animals. He would pull the grass and throw it at their faces - this was his way of feeding them without getting too close.



Hi, my name is Ryan. Do you come here often?





Ryan said a new word that day - "Bunny". Everytime we walked by this massive bunny he would call out his name.


As part of Tiny Tot Tuesdays, they had face painting in addition to the petting zoo. We watched a few kids get their face painted first so Ryan would feel comfortable sitting in the chair when it was his turn. I asked the lady to paint a very small spider on his cheek versus painting his whole face because I was anticipating him to start squirming and want to get down. . . WRONG!


He was perfect. . .



So proud of himself!


Mommy and Ryan doing a craft



Ryan didn't understand why I wouldn't let him play in the water. He thought this was like a mini splash park.








This picture sums up our time at the Arboretum. Fun Times!

No comments:

Post a Comment