Tuesday, February 19, 2013

To Nap or No Nap!


I have always been a bit of a bragger when it comes to Ryan's naps.  I've heard from countless other moms that their kids stopped napping at age 2 or 3.  Ryan is now 3.5 years old and for awhile he was still going strong with his afternoon nap (2 hours long normally).  Well put on the brakes, as of last month he has decided that a nap is not in the cards for him anymore.   Poor baby fights it everyday and some days he successful and doesn't take a nap but poor Mom and Dad have to deal with an unpleasant child that evening.  Or, we've been finding on a lot of days he just conks out - in the car, on the couch, etc. around 5pm. 

Either way, we try and encourage him to have 1-hour of "quiet time" in the afternoon. 

I guess I can't brag anymore. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment