Monday, March 22, 2010

Grand Cayman Islands

Bobby and I went on our first vacation since becoming new parents. A huge thanks to Nana for watching Ryan while we were in "paradise" - Grand Cayman Islands. We can't thank you enough!


This was a Showtime sponsored trip that I won back in 2009 for growing my territory a certain percentage. The trip that I was suppose to go on was scheduled around Ryan's birthday so obviously we had to back out. Thankfully, Showtime was nice enough to offer me a spot on this year's trip to the Grand Cayman Islands.

We stayed 4 nights/5 days at the beautiful Ritz Carlton located on Grand Cayman's popular 7-mile beach. We immediately settled into the "high lifestyle" by eating at 5-star restaurants, taking adventurous excursions and lapping up the constant feeling of relaxation. . . .and, did I mention it was all FREE! I love working for Showtime!

Here is the start to our trip. The Ritz Carlton was the nicest property on all of the island. It was so luxurious and the staff was so nice.






This picture was taken as soon as we walked in the hotel lobby. The flowers in the entryway were so beautiful and fragrant.




Grand staircase that led you to the main pool




We didn't hang out at the pool once during our whole vacation. My saying was "you can hang out at a pool at home but you can't lay on a beach every day!"



. . . and here we are on the beach. Thanks to tons of sunscreen, we were able to lay and walk on the beach all day long.






Here we are about to kayak! Bobby did most of the rowing while I sat back and enjoyed the ride.


Crummy picture of us kayaking but oh well!

Showtime offered us several activities to choose from - snorkeling, scuba diving, deep sea fishing, swimming with dolphins and a massage at the hotel spa are just a few. One day, our entire group went out on a Catamaran and sailed over to an area called Stingray City. We got to snorkel and touch the stingrays!

Here we are on the Catamaran - love the view of the water!


Bring on the Stingrays! Bobby held one and me . . .well, I just sat back and observed. Boy, those things were slimy!


The stingrays would brush up against your legs. We were instructed to push them away by putting our hand to their nose. To avoid any encounter, I thought climbing on Bobby's back would be the best spot for me. And, I was right!




Bobby and I got certified one day to scuba dive. It was an amazing experience!


We went to Georgetown and did some shopping. This is where all the cruise ships would port. Thankfully, this day there were no cruise ships!

Taking a break from shopping to take a few pictures.

We were fed very well during our entire trip. I think at one point Bobby died and had gone to heaven!





I am saying goodbye to Iggy - until next time!


Thanks Showtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment